Roasted Tomato Risotto with Buffalo Mozzarella & pine nuts
Date published: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 Author: Lance R. Comments: 0
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes, ( truss are best).
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 buffalo mozzarella balls (or burrata, 1 ball serves 2 people)
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts, toasted.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the stock over medium low heat. It is important that the broth is hot when you add it to the risotto.
- Drain the balls of cheese and put on plate so they are at room temperature when served.
- Preheat the oven to 200F. Toss the cherry tomatoes in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake the cherry tomatoes in an oven proof dish for about 20-25 minutes or until the skins are bursting and the tomatoes are starting to collapse. Remove from the oven and cool for 10-15 minutes. Carefully puree the tomatoes (they will still be hot). Set aside.
- Heat the butter and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a medium size pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Stir and cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add the rice and stir to ensure the butter and olive oil coat the kernels of arborio. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the tomato puree and stir to mix in. Add a ladle of hot stock and stir until the liquid is mostly absorbed. Continue stirring and adding hot stock as the rice absorbs it. The risotto is cooked when the grains of rice are tender, but still firm. It's possible that you won't use all the stock, make sure you're tasting as you cook.
- Tear apart the balls of cheese and place on top of the risotto, with parmesan & pine nuts.
- Add olive oil, salt & pepper to taste.
No comments posted so far.