Date published: Monday, March 09, 2015 Author: Joanna M. Comments: 0
Our version of 'pigs in a blanket'. So simple you hardly need a recipe, just some simple directions. So, here goes...
Some fat sausages. Which ever your family prefer. We have used traditional Italian sausage.
1 packet of 'Paccheri Giganti' (in the pasta section)
1 jar of pasta sauce. We used basil pastabilities.
1 packet of shredded tasty cheese.
1 tub of baby bocconcini ( optional)
One sausage will fill two pieces of the pasta. So figure out how many you need. We used 6 sausages to make 12 pieces of pasta. I cooked a few extra in case some split.
1. Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain, cool slightly.
2. Place raw sausages into the pasta shells. Snip with scissors to fit. Continue until all sausages are wrapped.
3. Pour pasta sauce into the base of a baking tray.
4. Place the pasta/sausages on top of the pasta sauce.
5. Cover with cheese. ( we also added baby bocconcini )
6. Cook in oven for 30mins to cook sausages through. Take out when cheese is golden.
Some nice crunchy bread to soak up all the tomato and gooey cheese helps!
No comments posted so far.
Comments are not allowed for this post