Kale, Orange & Roasted Pumpkin with Duck
Date published: Friday, October 24, 2014 Author: Joanna M. Comments: 0
Raw kale and rich duck combined with sweet roasted butternut pumpkin makes for a perfect summer salad.
1 packet of 'Luv a Duck' ready roasted Duck Breasts
1 bunch of kale
1/2 small butternut pumpkin
2 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
2 teaspoons of ground cummin
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Scoop out the seeds and discard them from the butternut pumpkin. Wash & dry. Cut into 2cm thick slices. Lay down the slices onto a large roasting pan lined with baking paper. Lightly brush with olive oil ( I prefer melted butter), sprinkle with spices and season. Roast in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until the skin has become lightly golden brown.
2. Chop the bunch of kale. This is up to you how roughly of finely you choose to have your kale. In the picture it has been finely chopped.
3. Combine the balsamic vinegar ,olive oil, honey and soy sauce in a cup. Warm up. Stir together until honey is well mixed. While still warm pour over and toss through the chopped kale. This can be done a couple of hours ahead as the dressing will continue to soften the raw kale the longer it sits.
4. Peel the orange. Cut into quarters and thinly cut into triangle segments.
5. Take the pumpkin out of the oven. Place the duck into the oven and following the instructions, cook for 10-12 mins allowing the pumpkin to cool a little.
6. Toss the orange & pine nuts through the kale. Place pumpkin on top. Take the duck out of the oven and slice the breast into pieces. Place on top of the kale salad.
Serves 2 as a main, 4 as a side.
No comments posted so far.